Fill It In  

      Fill It In - Road Hazard Reporting


homefill it infill it in direct govfill it in councilshandle it or lose itdiesel spills

Fill It In

Fill It In

Fill It In at Direct Gov

Fill It In Councils

Handle It Or Lose It

Diesel Spills

Diesel Spills

Guidelines - Resource

Guidelines - Resource

Fill It In Feedback

Fill It In Feedback

Fill It In Europe

Same Over There


MAG Contacts

Fill It In - Road Hazard Reporting

In 2001 the Motorcycle Action Group stepped up its war on road hazards by producing a “Road Hazard Warning” card.

The thousands of cards produced were designed for concerned riders to post the cards to local authorities to report poor road surfaces, damage, or other hazards when spotted.

The idea was to ensure that councils were made aware of any problems and that they should be fixed promptly.

If repairs were not affected within two weeks, it was recommended that a reminder was sent to the council and MAG was advised, the cost of a couple of stamps.

The basic premise which remains unchanged was that if the road infrastructure is friendly to motorcycles then this equates to a motorcycle friendly road surface environment and less accidents.

However it is not easy to find out which Council Highways Department area riders may have spotted a road hazard or where to send the cards to their local council.

As the world moves on councils use various electronic reporting forms on the web and Free Phone number systems these are listed in the “Fill It In Councils” section.

The Directgov website - “public services all in one place” brings together information for various road reporting faults, including Street Lighting and Traffic Lights. You can search the site using the links in the “Fill It In at Direct Gov” section.

Another way for riders to report where there is a problem, and exactly why it may be a problem for riders is the Handle It Or Lose It website.

The Highways Agency and local Councils have signed up to take part in the Handle It Or Lose It “Report a Road” facility. Information is in the “Handle It Or Lose It” section.

You can still use the Road Hazard Warning Cards together as a supplement or backup to reporting a road hazard and as a reminder when you are out and about.

Use the links to report faults on-line when you get home.

MAG Road Hazard cards are available from MAG Central - 01788 570065

Email -

Our thanks to weaver.web for their web-hosting and mail forwarding services.

MAG UK, PO Box 750, Rugby, CV21 3ZR.
Tel. 01788 570065 Fax. 01788 570052

Site Disclaimer and Privacy Here